- More News Articles
- Somerset business park targets digital businesses with 100Mbs fibre optic broadband
- Local school benefits from local companies’ office surplus
- Improvements to Somerset’s train stations welcomed (but more needs to be done)
- Congestion south of Bridgwater set to increase (if Park and Ride facilities are shut)
- Stables Business Park welcomes new supermarket
- Major new investment at J21 of the M5 (with up to 250 jobs created)
- Hinkley C contracts top £1.3bn as congestion grows in Bridgwater
- Offices available at The Stables Business Park in Somerset
Date Published: 30th May 2018
Bridgwater traffic congestion set to continue
Despite the news of the construction of the Colley Lane relief road in Bridgwater is about to get under way the town will continue to suffer chronic traffic congestion.
The Colley Lane Southern Access Road will link up Parrett Way to Marsh Lane making the industrial estate more accessible as at the moment it is one of the county’s longest cul-de-sacs.
Somerset County Council says the £11m project will include a new roundabout at Marsh Lane and the Showground Road junction and open up the industrial trading estate to through traffic with potentially better access to the M5 and A38.
However despite calls over the years for a bypass taking traffic from the Dunball roundabout north of Bridgwater to the Cannington Road, traffic congestion caused by the construction of Hinckley C nuclear power station is set to continue. Over the last few years the town is frequently grid locked as heavy plant and commuters head through the town from the M5 to connect with the Cannington Road to the power station. It has led to lost business, delays and frustration amongst the business community.
The continued traffic problems that also affect the A39 on both sides of Bridgwater, the A38 north and south of the town and the tailbacks onto the M5 at the North Petherton exit has led many businesses to relocate outside of the town. One such option is the Stables Business Park which is free of traffic hold ups but has easy access to the M5 and A38.
For details on the Stables Business Park call us on 07968 910 761, or email us from our website at www.stablesbusinesspark.com where you will find much more information, a video, testimonials and news.
Rose Farm Developments (UK) Ltd. The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, Somerset BS26 2TT