- More News Articles
- Harry Cobden wins his 100th race in the Stables Business Park Novices’ Hurdle at Taunton
- More than 5,000 trees take root at the Stables Business Park
- All about Seren Skills Network
- Seren Skills Network moves to The Stables Business Park
- When the war came to Rooksbridge
- A world of wedding wonder: Rookery Bridal located at The Stables Business Park
- Latest news from the Stables Business Park: Rookery Bridal moves into the Mill House
- Latest news from The Stables Business Park: thanking key workers, constructing new offices, staying safe with the return to work, and plans for a pond to enhance the grounds
Date Published: 26th August 2018
Congestion south of Bridgwater set to increase (if Park and Ride is shut)
The Park and Ride at Blackbrook and Silk Mills could be closed to save money
Massive congestion on the M5, A38 and the A358 to Illminster and the A303 could happen if Somerset County Council close Taunton’s Park and Ride facilities to save cash.
The plan reported by the Somerset County Gazette would save the council a huge amount of money as they try to shave off £10m from their annual spend to meet the Conservative Government’s austerity cut backs. Already the Park and Ride schemes at Silk Mills and Blackbrook are closed at the weekends and on Bank Holidays. However the plans have been criticised by opposition councillors from the Labour and Independent benches who say the cuts have gone too far.
If the plans are given the green light traffic congestion would increase in the county town with a knock on effect along the A38 to Bridgwater and the M5. As it is traffic is chronically overloaded in those areas meaning businesses seeking new locations would look south to the Devon and Somerset borders or to north of Bridgwater in the Highbridge and Rooksbridge areas.
For details on the Stables Business Park call us on 07968 910 761, or email us from our website at www.stablesbusinesspark.com where you will find much more information, a video, testimonials and news.
Rose Farm Developments (UK) Ltd. The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, Somerset BS26 2TT.