- More News Articles
- Harry Cobden wins his 100th race in the Stables Business Park Novices’ Hurdle at Taunton
- More than 5,000 trees take root at the Stables Business Park
- All about Seren Skills Network
- Seren Skills Network moves to The Stables Business Park
- When the war came to Rooksbridge
- A world of wedding wonder: Rookery Bridal located at The Stables Business Park
- Latest news from the Stables Business Park: Rookery Bridal moves into the Mill House
- Latest news from The Stables Business Park: thanking key workers, constructing new offices, staying safe with the return to work, and plans for a pond to enhance the grounds
Date Published: 21st May 2018
Darts, dinner and everything close by in Rooksbridge
The Stables Business Park lies a short walk away from the village of Rooksbridge where you will find many of those essential facilities every workforce needs.
Step inside the Wellington Arms where Steve and Jenny will give you a warm welcome – it has been a pub since the 1830s but was a cottage long before that with records going back to Georgian times. The pub is best known for its past connections with the darts supremo Gary Anderson who ran the pub for a time a few years ago. The Scotsman led one the South West’s best pub darts teams as not only was the world champion in the squad but it included former Lakeside World Champion Mark Webster and eight-times ladies world champion Trina Gulliver.
For hungry workers it is just the spot for a tasty lunch as the pub prides itself for its home cooking with main courses around the £7 mark, desserts and starters at £3.50 and a choice of real ales on tap. To one side of the pub there is a garage for repairs while just up the road is a second garage and used car lot at Tarnock.
Next door is the village shop and Post Office run by Danny and Sandie Lawrence, which sells snacks, tobacco, alcohol, essential groceries and newspapers and magazines. Incredibly the shop has been there since the 18th century as the centre of village life and became a Post Office back in 1861.
Within a short distance of the village is a camp site, Yew Tree Nursery for pre school children and further afield in Brent there’s Sanders Garden World which has a restaurant and shops and close by to that is a fuel station and shop. In short you may be in the countryside at the Stables but you are never far from all the conveniences of modern life.
For details call us on 07968 910 761, or email us from our website at www.stablesbusinesspark.com where you will find much more information, a video, testimonials and news.
Rose Farm Developments (UK) Ltd. The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, Somerset BS26 2TT