- More News Articles
- Harry Cobden wins his 100th race in the Stables Business Park Novices’ Hurdle at Taunton
- More than 5,000 trees take root at the Stables Business Park
- All about Seren Skills Network
- Seren Skills Network moves to The Stables Business Park
- When the war came to Rooksbridge
- A world of wedding wonder: Rookery Bridal located at The Stables Business Park
- Latest news from the Stables Business Park: Rookery Bridal moves into the Mill House
- Latest news from The Stables Business Park: thanking key workers, constructing new offices, staying safe with the return to work, and plans for a pond to enhance the grounds
Date Published: 23rd June 2018
Finally congestion hit J25 on the M5 will be upgraded (but not yet)
South of Bridgwater traffic is often badly congested around the Taunton turn-off at J25 where long delays are the order of the day. During the rush hour and for much of the working day the A358 to Ilminster and the A303 is nose to tail while the area around J25 is often gridlocked. Now an £18m improvement scheme could finally begin work next year.
The plans will see the roundabout enlarged with a wider the eastern exit with a new roundabout to access a proposed Nexus 25 site. There will also be better pedestrian and cycling crossings to improve safety. The cost is is being met with £12.9m from the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Growth Deal Fund, Taunton Deane Borough Council, Highways England, and developer contributions.
Somerset County Council admit that congestion at the junction is affecting thousands of motorists and the business community and hopes it will also improve journey times on the nearby Park and Ride and make it more attractive and reliable. The congestion costs industry millions of pounds due to delays for logistics, missed appointments and is a break on development in the area. Demands to improve the junction and upgrade the A358 have been made for years with the Government promising changes but failing so far to deliver.
North of the junction and north of Bridgwater the A38 and A370 main roads that connect with J22 of the M5 do not have the same level of congestion which is a plus point for the Stables Business Park.
For details on the Stables Business Park call us on 07968 910 761, or email us from our website at www.stablesbusinesspark.com where you will find much more information, a video, testimonials and news.
Rose Farm Developments (UK) Ltd. The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, Somerset BS26 2TT.
The image shows Somerset County Council’s map of how the junction will be changed