- More News Articles
- Harry Cobden wins his 100th race in the Stables Business Park Novices’ Hurdle at Taunton
- More than 5,000 trees take root at the Stables Business Park
- All about Seren Skills Network
- Seren Skills Network moves to The Stables Business Park
- When the war came to Rooksbridge
- A world of wedding wonder: Rookery Bridal located at The Stables Business Park
- Latest news from the Stables Business Park: Rookery Bridal moves into the Mill House
- Latest news from The Stables Business Park: thanking key workers, constructing new offices, staying safe with the return to work, and plans for a pond to enhance the grounds
Date Published: 13th August 2018
Hinkley C contracts top £1.3bn as congestion grows in Bridgwater
Hinkley C nuclear power station is under construction
Figures released by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) reveal firms in the South West have won more than £1.3bn in contracts from the construction of Hinkley Point C.
The building of the nuclear power station largely with French and Chinese money has brought something of an economic boom to Bridgwater and West Somerset. The figures are given in BEIS’s Hinkley Point C Wider Benefits Realisation Plan which show that £650m has already been spent with the region’s businesses.
Bridgwater has seen an unprecedented growth with firms taking on staff and seeking larger premises and offices as they service the construction and its workforce. Up to 20,000 new jobs are reportedly being created with the knock on effect to the service economy and infrastructure. The town along with North Petherton, Cannington, Nether Stowey and Highbridge have increasingly become congested with the increase in traffic while just outside of the immediate area where traffic is lighter there’s a demand for offices and factory units. The M5 corridor north of Bridgwater is the prime location as it has easy links to Bristol Airport, the main railway line to the Midlands and London and the trunk roads such as the A38.
One such location is the Stables Business Park just north of J22 on the M5 on the A38 away from the major congestion but close enough to the main business hubs.
For details on the vacancies at Stables Business Park call us on 07968 910 761, or email us from our website at www.stablesbusinesspark.com where you will find much more information, a video, testimonials and news.
Rose Farm Developments (UK) Ltd. The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, Somerset BS26 2TT.