- More News Articles
- Harry Cobden wins his 100th race in the Stables Business Park Novices’ Hurdle at Taunton
- More than 5,000 trees take root at the Stables Business Park
- All about Seren Skills Network
- Seren Skills Network moves to The Stables Business Park
- When the war came to Rooksbridge
- A world of wedding wonder: Rookery Bridal located at The Stables Business Park
- Latest news from the Stables Business Park: Rookery Bridal moves into the Mill House
- Latest news from The Stables Business Park: thanking key workers, constructing new offices, staying safe with the return to work, and plans for a pond to enhance the grounds
Date Published: 9th June 2018
It's an OBCheese!
The Queen’s Official Birthday Honours List has marked the contribution made to society by several residents of Somerset including a cheesemaker who lives just up the road from the Stables Business Park.
John Alvis of Alvis Brothers farm and farm shop located ten miles up the A38 from Rooksbridge has been made an OBE for services to the cheese, dairy and farming industries.
And another resident who lives only five miles up the A38 in Axbridge has also been honoured by Her Majesty. Ms Sonya Bedford has received the MBE for her work as head of renewable energy at Stephens Scown LLP.
Also in Somerset there were awards for Stephen Edmund Bird, head of heritage at Bath and North East Somerset Council, for services to museums, to heritage and to tourism. (Bath); John Richard Carter, formerly honorary chief executive of Bath Cancer Unit Support Group, for charitable services to healthcare and to the community in Bath. (Somerset); Ms Kate Cross, for services to young people's theatre and to the community in Bath. (Bath, Somerset); Terence John Kitts, headteacher at Marchant Holliday School, Somerset, for services to education. (Wincanton); Stephen George Davis, for services to the community in Milborne Port, Somerset. (Milborne Port).
Like the Stables Business Park Alvis Brothers (pictured) and their farm shop at Lye Cross Farm, Redhill, are located on one of the nation’s trunk roads but not in the middle of a large town or city complete with its usual traffic jams.
For details on the Stables Business Park call us on 07968 910 761, or email us from our website at www.stablesbusinesspark.com where you will find much more information, a video, testimonials and news.
Rose Farm Developments (UK) Ltd. The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, Somerset BS26 2TT.