- More News Articles
- Harry Cobden wins his 100th race in the Stables Business Park Novices’ Hurdle at Taunton
- More than 5,000 trees take root at the Stables Business Park
- All about Seren Skills Network
- Seren Skills Network moves to The Stables Business Park
- When the war came to Rooksbridge
- A world of wedding wonder: Rookery Bridal located at The Stables Business Park
- Latest news from the Stables Business Park: Rookery Bridal moves into the Mill House
- Latest news from The Stables Business Park: thanking key workers, constructing new offices, staying safe with the return to work, and plans for a pond to enhance the grounds
Date Published: 16th June 2018
New trading estate gridlocked
The newly opened multi-million pound Bridgwater Gateway business park near J24 of the M5 has been opened and within hours was plagued by traffic congestion.
Unlike the Stables Office Park near J22 of the M5, the new estate is already bedevilled by the traffic congestion of the area. The new park was opened by West Somerset MP Ian Liddell-Grainger on June 15. The centre’s development manager, Phil Wade said: "This official launch marks a significant milestone in the construction of Bridgwater Gateway, which now has all infrastructure and estate roads in place. We're now looking forward to seeing many more milestones being reached, including construction of the first building getting underway, and the first occupiers moving in to this landmark new high-quality business location for Bridgwater and the South West of England."
These fine words failed to address the issue of traffic congestion on the A38 south of the town towards North Petherton caused by an overload of vehicles using the road structure that is unchanged and built back in the early 1970s. The A38 is regularly gridlocked in Bridgwater and the area south and west of the town with traffic created by the new developments and also construction vehicles heading to Hinkley Point C. EDF, Somerset County Coouncil and the Government's transport policy have all be blamed but despite the chaos no ring road or releif road for the town is in sight.
However the Stables Business Park north of the town is located near the M5 but away from the snarl ups associated with the West Country’s traffic congestion capital.
For details on the Stables Business Park call us on 07968 910 761, or email us from our website at www.stablesbusinesspark.com where you will find much more information, a video, testimonials and news.
Rose Farm Developments (UK) Ltd. The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, Somerset BS26 2TT.